Thinking of ways to add fresh and fun accents to your living space this summer? Maybe for parties, for your homeschooling area, or just to decorate the house to match the season.
Here's an easy art tutorial to get you creative and summer-ready!
- Chalk Markers
- Colored bunting cutout
- Paint palette
- Bowl of water
Get ready to create the most refreshing bunting artwork this season! Watch the helpful (and satisfying) video below to learn the easy steps.
- Draw fruit shapes (or your images of choice) using a pencil.
- Pick out your chalk marker colors, and pump out their ink on the paint palette that you can use like you would with paint.
- Start filling in your images with the chalk marker colors using a paintbrush. You can adjust the opacity by adding a bit of water to the ink.
- Add finishing touches or details using the chalk markers.
- Once the ink's dry, cut the shapes and hang them on a string or yarn using double-sided tape.
- You can alternate your shapes with the bunting cutouts like we did.
That's it! Hang it anywhere you want to add cheer and colors to your space. For another cool 'bunting' idea, check out this DIY Watercolor Polaroid Art. Happy creating!