Celestial bodies are very popular for décor today, the moon is number one among them. Let’s follow trends and add an edgy touch to your artworks and home décor making some amazing DIY moon art decorations for your home. This tutorial will guide you through the whole process.
Painting a moon can be kind of intimidating. If you observe photographs of moons, you will notice there are various dark and light blotches.
The artwork will take some time but the resulting piece is very cool, get inspired and make one for yourself. Let’s get started!
- Chalkola Canvas Panel
- Chalkola Acrylic Paint (we used Mars Black, Cold Gray, Phthalo Blue and Titanium White)
- Paint brushes
- Paint palette
- Bowl of water (to rinse your brush)
- Prepare your materials and once you are ready, squeeze out Phthalo Blue, Titanium White and Cold Gray on your palette.
- Use all the three colors to paint the entire surface of your canvas board.
- Let the paint dry. Now using a sponge, create gradients using Titanium White and Mars Black. This would create the crater and blotch effect of the moon. Blend black in various dark areas of the moon.
- Using a brush, sprinkle and splatter Titanium White color to create the little dots and lines for texture.
- Using Titanium White, paint the second layer for the blotch effect.
- Use a small brush to blend the outer corners.
- Use a round brush to paint small dots and craters on the moon.
This was a fun challenge! Thanks for viewing this tutorial. We can’t wait to see how your moon turned out! You might also be interested to check out these amazing Back to School deals! Happy painting!