You don’t need years and years of experience to paint like a pro. This easy peasy tutorial on the one stroke technique will show you how to create a detailed and layered artwork using Chalkola Acrylic Paints. With one brush load and one stroke, you can paint with two colors at the same time and come up with a masterpiece like a true pro painter!
- Chalkola Acrylic Paint (we used Titanium White and Scarlet Red)
- Black paper or cardstock
- Flat brush
Learn this incredible one stroke technique by practicing on painting beautiful roses. Let’s watch the mesmerizing video below, and start creating masterpieces together!
- Prepare your colors on your palette. Make sure they’re adjacent to each other for easier blending and brush loading.
- Load your colors on your brush and blend them until you get a gradient effect.
- Hold your brush perpendicular to the surface so you can smoothly apply your colors in one stroke.
- Apply gentle pressure and wiggle your brush slowly as you paint so you achieve a nice layered effect. Make sure you start painting the outer layer of the petals first.
- Paint the second layer of petals with careful wiggly strokes.
- For the rose bud, start by painting an inverted “U” and then create a “U” stroke on top of it.
- Repeat these steps until you complete your first rose artwork using the one stroke technique.
Tip: Dip your brush into the water every once in a while to keep your paint from drying up.
Bonus: Here's a downloadable practice sheet so you can work on your strokes offline. Enjoy!
Want More Content Like This?
Subscribe & have it sent right to your inbox.